Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2022

Maple Leaf Quilted Table Runner

 Maple Leaf Quilted Table Runner

Fall / Autumn is my favorite season. I love the warm hues of red, yellow, orange, and brown. 

We retired to Florida in 2017, but I miss the cooler temperatures on the east coast where I grew up and seeing the colorful falling leaves as we walked through the parks or attended fall festivals. To honor those memories, I make some sort of maple leaf décor for my home each year.

This year I made a quilted table runner.


You can find the free maple leaf quilt block pattern from FatQuarter Shop as part of their classic and vintage series. The maple leaf quilt block is quite easy and beginner friendly. The Fat Quarter Shop pattern and video are well done and extremely helpful.

I used a newspaper print fabric for the background and a small fall colored Grunge Seeing Stars fat quarter bundle by Basic Grey for Moda Fabrics, as the leaf fabric.

I made four maple leaf quilt blocks for my runner, rotating and offsetting them to resemble falling leaves on newspaper. The finished table runner measures 16 x 40 inches.

I love the finished runner and it looks great on our coffee table.


Prefer table topper instead?  Fat quarter shop has you covered there also with another great simple and free pattern you can find here. I made this 23 x 23-inch topper for a smaller table, this time using Grunge Hits the Spot Metallic fabric for the leaves.


If you are thinking about what fall design you should do next, definitely try this lovely quilt block! The maple leaf block is one the classics in the quilting world, you can make several for an entire quilt, 3 or 4 as a table runner as I did or just one to use as a hot pad or trivet.

Let me know what you think in the comments below. Do you see the maple leaf quilt block in your future? Or are you a seasoned pro with this classic quilt block?

Until next time…. happy crafting!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top